Construction projects, whether residential or commercial, can be complex and overwhelming. To complete these projects, it is important to understand the stages of construction involved. Certified Professional Constructors CPCs and commercial general constructors have the knowledge and experience to guide clients through each project stage. In this article, we will explore the many stages of construction so that you can better understand your next project.
Pre-construction Planning and Design
This pre-construction phase is key to the success of a project and can be broken down into three distinct categories:
- Planning:This process involves discussing ideas for the project with the commercial general constructor, designers, architects, and engineers to ensure that everything meets safety codes and regulations while still meeting clients’ goals for their desired result. Estimating labor and material costs at this stage is important so that everything can stay within budget.
- Design: Once plans have been agreed upon, designers begin fabricating drawings that detail what each component will look like when completed. All blueprints must then meet building codes while also adhering to legal restrictions laid out by local governments if necessary.
- Permit Acquisition: After everything has been properly planned out, it is time to acquire the necessary permits to start working onsite. Depending on the jurisdiction, laws/regulations vary significantly surrounding types of permits available/required to obtain accordingly now plus afterward too.
Here, different construction activities come into play depending on the project:
- Site Preparation: This includes any type of large-scale excavation or demolition that needs to take place before the actual building can begin. After this, grading and leveling must also be done so that all angles line up as designed by architects.
- Foundation Work: Once all site preparation is completed, workers move on to laying down the foundation for the structure or revamping an existing one if necessary. This involves putting in support walls and columns that uphold the weight of the structure above ground to pouring concrete floors that will act as a base for future components.
- Framing: During this phase, wall studs and roof supports are laid out in accordance with plans so that exterior walls receive the shape/size stated beforehand during the pre-construction phase proceeded previously again.
Finishing Touches and Finalization Period
At this point in the project, different construction activities come into play depending on what was included in the original plans:
- Interior / Exterior Wall Installation: This includes any type of wall that needs to be put up inside/outside of a structure, from drywall partitions to siding/brickwork exterior walls, to create a complete look both inside-out.
- Plumbing and Electrical Work: This involves wire runs and pipe installations to make your building’s systems work correctly. It must also follow all safety regulations and codes by local governments and other regulatory bodies.
- Finishing Touches: This involves any paint jobs and tile work needed for floors/walls of structure and landscaping around the property if required. Additionally, appliances may be added if necessary during this period before officially deeming the structure `ready for use’ upon completion.
Once all final alterations have been made according to plans created beforehand either via certified professional constructors CPCs or licensed general contractors in Palm Beach Gardens, then nearing the very end ultimately comes when proper implementation strategies start becoming a reality soon enough going forward as expected thus far. So keep the above key points needful mind next time embarking upon big-scale projects anytime soon. Now that you know the stages involved in construction, why not contact Chris Barbara Development today to get a licensed general contractor in Palm Beach Gardens?